YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences inspired by our favourite games, apps and products.
We live by a simple principle and we strive to translate this to our designs: always seek the win-win in everything we do. This means we should always be giving more than we take with every interaction. Sounds good?
A YuLife Product Owner or Product Analyst is responsible for leading a squad towards the delivery of products and features that ultimately helps us achieve our desired Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
Working closely with Product Management they will be able to understand the high level vision for a product, provide direction and daily leadership to the squad, create requirements, prioritise work, and own the product backlog.
They are conﬁdent, excellent communicators and can represent YuLife in meetings and negotiations with our Insurance Partners, third party providers as well as communicate our plans and progress inside the company. They are able to understand and elicit relevant requirements, are able to ask ‘why’, and challenge assumptions in a friendly and collaborative manner.
They have experience in ecommerce and direct to consumer products and understand the importance of exceptional user experience in delivering joy to our customers and maximising trading performance.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As the Product Owner you will own the squad’s delivery of work towards achieving our OKRs.
- Understand the product vision and convert it into requirements at various levels for the squad to continuously deliver on.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog aligned to the product vision and strategy.
- Develop and prioritize epics and stories with clear acceptance criteria to ensure the delivery of high quality output that maximises value and creates joyful experiences.
- Work with Design to plan and prioritise design activities ahead of development and carry out user journey mapping.
- Maintain the backlog, plan iterations, and elaborate on user stories.
- Communicate product and feature progress across the company.
- Work with third party companies to identify integration activities and ensure their delivery.
- Support UX and Research squad members with user interviews, gathering user feedback, interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and turn them into actionable insight.
- Encourage and motivate the squad on a daily basis.
- Follow our competitors and gain insight from adjacent markets.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Has worked in software delivery for 5+ years as a product owner with some app and/or e-commerce experience.
- Has experience of creating requirements, building and managing product backlogs, and delivering on OKRs.
- Has strong analytical skills, able to identify the whole picture from the vision through to detailed user story level.
- Is a team player, who can give guidance to the team without alienating.
- Has excellent communication skills including a concise and accurate writing style.
- Displays great people skills, is a natural interviewer and able to quickly gather information from others.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Has good business sense, knows what is commercially viable.
- Commercial experience with agile methodology.
- Product Owner certiﬁcation is desirable but not required.
- Experience of using Jira essential.
- Experience of Productboard is desirable but not required.
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements (read more below)
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
- More Happi - 2 professional coaching sessions every month
Find out more about our Hybrid Working policy