YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences inspired by our favourite games, apps and products.
We live by a simple principle and we strive to translate this to our designs: always seek the win-win in everything we do. This means we should always be giving more than we take with every interaction. Sounds good?
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Senior UI Artist to join our growing design team and help us build digital experiences that genuinely enhance people’s lives. We’re trying to shake up an entire heckin’ industry and that requires awesome and free thinking individuals.
We want to work with enthusiastic, passionate and hard-working people who are ready to go on this wild and rewarding journey with us.
Our ideal candidate is self-reliant and flexible - somebody who wants to do their best work and make an impact in an exciting high-growth company and help to foster a culture of design thinking. Somebody practical and proactive, who actively seeks feedback and wants to grow and give back.
You will have the ability to:
- Deliver high-quality and visually engaging game UI, sprites, backgrounds and animation sequences
- Work closely with product owners, UX designers and researchers to translate customer needs and business goals into fully gamified and game-based solutions, features and UI designs
- Create complex designs and illustrations for a range of tech stacks and methods of implementation across web and mobile platforms
- Create and manage design systems and non-static/animation libraries optimised for consistency and scalability
- Champion UI excellence and stay at the forefront of emerging design frameworks and methodologies as part of a multi-disciplinary team
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience designing products in the gaming industry (especially mobile gaming) or working on heavily gamified apps, ideally specialising in UI and motion design as well as asset creation
- A demonstrable portfolio of relevant work
- Strong knowledge of Figma (which we use for UI) or Sketch and Photoshop and Illustrator or similar 2D asset creation/illustration suites
- Experience designing, testing and maintaining complex components within design systems built for scale
- Motion design experience, proficient with software such as AfterEffects for high-fidelity animation work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues located around the world
What you’ll get
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
- More Happi - 2 professional coaching sessions every month